1 week broadcast delay..........due to minor technical difficulties. Thank you for standing by.
The SOTU address this year was poignant, well articulated, heartfelt and really had it's finger on the pulse of the nation. The nation of Iraq mostly.
He then went on to frost the shit cake with a focus on domestic issues.
- Congratulating the populace on spending their $600 refund better than the government would have.
- Touched lightly on the brilliance of increased spending and reduced taxes.
- Lovingly stroked the Left Behind of the Child.
- Double-talked his immigration policy while tourists are being fingerprinted.
- Tickled Seniors with a 10% prescription discount card beginning in 2006. No accounting for COL increases or price spikes in the next two years.
- Wants to kick steroid's ass.
- Strongly recommends abstinence for everyone but his girls and Neil.
- Still declaring War on some Drugs with mandatory testing in schools. ($23M? couldn't that be used more effectively for education?)
- Thinks marriage between a XY and XX should be legislated. Neil not used as example.
- God will be guiding him through the next year. Mel Gibson wants movie rights to that too.
The best line of the address was:
"Already, the Kay Report identified dozens of weapons of mass destruction-related program activities and significant amounts of equipment that Iraq concealed from the United Nations. Had we failed to act, the dictatator's weapons of mass destruction programs would continue to this day. Had we failed to act, Security Council resolutions on Iraq would have been revealed as empty threats, weakening the United Nations and encouraging defiance by dictators around the world. "
Which was followed up later in the week with:
"David Kay told the New York Times in an interview published Monday that he now believes US intelligence agencies missed signs of disarray in Iraq's nuclear, biological and chemical weapons programs.
"I'm personally convinced that there were not large stockpiles of newly produced weapons of mass destruction," he told the daily.
"We don't find the people, the documents or the physical plants that you would expect to find if the production was going on. "
Posted by kerry at January 27, 2004 03:11 PM
For further deconstruction and comparative studies of the SOTU vs reality go; Here, Here and most definitely, Here.
The monkeys did a nice job of presenting counterpoints to the SOTUA. What he says and what he does as reported by the Center for American Progress seems to indicate he is either A: Liar Liar Pants on Fire, B: Out of Touch with Reality, or C: Both of the Above.
I have a hard time supporting the Democratic candidates because of their stands on issues of abortion and civil unions. However, I'm having a really hard time supporting a Dear Leader who can send troops into combat while cutting their benefits. I'm having a really hard time supporting someone who's willing to allow thousands upon thousands of illegal immigrants to come into the country while allowing thousands upon thousands of jobs to be exported.
Time for a change in leadership perhaps?
oh.. and those are only two of the examples of stupid contradictions and lies .. they are only two examples.. $23 million dollars to give schools funding so they can make my daughter pee in a cup without my knowledge would be better spent on teacher pay, books, supplies, schools, etc. Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Now, can anyone answer this: Has John Kerry ever lived up to his campaign promises or is he just another politician that "fights the fight of the day" and doesn't follow through?