No finer words have been spoken..........and in a King James-ish approach even.
According to Abbas, immediately thereafter Bush said: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them." Source
Anybody wonder if his god sounds a lot like Rumsfeld or Cheney?
- More and more I'm truly convinced the RIAA has only the best interest of the artists at heart. It does make a person yearn for the invisible "making you a tape" aspect of music sharing in the previous decades, don't it?
- Anyone want to put odds on Dennis Miller switching back in another 5 years or so. It's really hard to take someone's convictions seriously when they change their viewpoint like they change their underwear.
- Lies? Oh, no way. There is no way this administration would stoop so low as to lie to the American people. We learned our lesson in the last 4 years of the Clinton regime. The GOP informed us they were way too pious to mislead the public. A blowjob is, of course a more serious offense than a military build-up and invasion of another nation and definitely required the $70M of tax payer dollars used to investigate and prosecute. As the end of the war has come and gone, (no, really....just ask the Iraqis and the recently dead soldiers) it's important to not succumb to this "revisionist history" desire, just let bygones be bygones and begin focusing on the next invasion or critical piece of legislation.
- Time-waster of the day.
Screw the Segway, mass produce these and make them affordable.
Here's a question for the masses..... In a "war" condition, if the primary combatant has possibly submitted conditions for surrender, what's the law regarding the invading country's ability to strafe the country side in an effort to frag his ass? Is there a Geneva Convention statute governing invasion forces shooting soldiers carrying a white flag? Should Saddam be allowed to live even if he's begging for his life? If we're working outside of international law already......do existing laws cease to apply? Curious.
Please take a moment and vote for Dean in the online primary. Between Gephardt's stupid quotes, Kerry's waffling, Lieberman's GOP ass-kissing, Brown & Sharpton's.....uselessness, Graham's......what is Graham besides a cracker (oh!) there just isn't anyone else running that could effectively initiate change in 2004.
amusing link of the day.
"I read it all and made my decisions based on a details I was provided" Oh yeah, right.
They say the difference between men and boys is the size of their toys. I respectfully disagree.
- Dog food is an important part of a balanced breakfast.
- Ashes from the 'chiminea' make good finger paints.
- Pee = puddle and puddles are for playing in.
- Dog poo is fun to play with.
- Fastidious behaviour is intermittent.....parental pants are for wiping hands.
- Peanut butter sandwiches are best consumed in large quanities accompanied by garbled hollering.
- aaaaaaaaaahhhh means "now" and waaaaaaa means "water", not in that order.
- LaLa is the yellow TeleTubby.......but ma-ma can mean daddy?
- Nothing's more facinating than blue water in the toilet.....except maybe a toy floating in it.
- Want a Weapon of Mass Destruction? Check a toddler's diaper.
- Alarm clocks are a waste of electricity.
- Remote controls are best when hidden.
Once again our elected busy-bodies feel the need to wrap themselves in the flag in an attempt to "protect" it. Banning flag burning is one of the most assinine approaches to suppression of the 1st amendment. It also makes you wonder what the government plans to do with old retired flags, since the only way to dispose of one is to burn it. That or just let it fly off your car arial and land in the gutter.
The real abuse of the flag is the flagrant misuse of the image and the ignorance of the law; promoting a business, slamming one of the "quick-fade" 'these colors don't run' version on a car, improper display (especially on vehicles) and the hideous jingoistic fashion trends.
Rather than go after protestors, shouldn't we be focusing our political energies at the businesses who are profiting directly from the misuse of the image?
• My flag is old and ready to be retired. What should I do?
Section 8k of the Flag Code (see below) states, "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning." We recommend that you contact your local VFW Chapter and ask them for help properly disposing of your flag. And be sure to consider providing a small donation to them for their assistance. Or you can contact your local Elks Lodge (who created the idea of Flag Day, established officially by President Truman, himself a member of the Elks) or the American Legion. Some Boy Scout and Girl Scout troups also can provide this service.
We've become so desensitized to the malaproprisms, misspeaks and overall language butchering of our illustrious leader that we've begun to mentally correct his speeches without doing the appropriate due diligence required. The most glaring example is "No child left behind". We want to think he's truly the education president but what we failed to hear and what's been made evident recently, is he actually said, "Yo child left behind".
What are the odds the GOP's tobacco funding might dry up? No government effort's been as successful as prohibition and the war on drugs. It's high time we outlaw everything that's bad for us; sugar, fatty foods, reckless driving, cell phones, stupid people, nuclear warheads, bloated government spending, PACs, Supreme Court appointment of an unelected president. No one should be allowed to make decisions for themselves........oh wait, that sounds...........Stalinistic. Hmmmmmmmmm.
New upcoming features from Martha Stewart Living
- How to cheer up a cell in fabrics that stay in style for 3 to 5 years.
- Using quick apply baubles for dressing up your handcuffs.
- Bedsprings to curtain hangers. Clever things to do with limited resources.
- Carving soap animals with your shiv.
- Body cavity storage ideas.
- Accenting with grey.
- Vertical bars and other visually slimming features.
- Potpourri from cafeteria leftovers.
- Proper linen folding techniques for prison uniforms.
- Appropriate gifts for guards.
- Baking pastries with diamond files.
- Quick and easy spruce-up tips for congugal visits.