A little catching up for the weekend.
* Take a trip down short-term memory lane. Why again, is the bar closed?
* It's not an addiction, it's a calling.
* Time to set up a "Go To Iraq, Please" fund for Ms. Miller.
* Get Your War On, version 36.
* What do we love the most about Uzbekistan, their interrogation skills or that they give us unregulated military fly-over capability?
* Sugarland Texas, a place without values............how can they keep electing this guy?
* Required reading, just click.
Just for fun.
* Old-ish, but still very cool.
* .005% of my 15 minutes.
It's Lychee season. Central Market still has some in stock.....not many though, I was there this morning. Save and plant your seeds...they make awesome indoor plants in addition to being good for you.
Shocking the Jaded and other difficult tasks
* "Liberals may see Saddam's mass graves in Iraq as half-full, but I prefer to see them as half-empty." This and many many other witticisms are available to you fresh, today only from the *white bread* factory. Where you too can convince yourself we're not only on the right track but 100% successful.
* Goths are normal kids with unique interests. It only took 48% of the $273,000 in government grant money allocated to determine this fact. Glad they got it all sorted out though.
* When Bush's plan for Iraq totally morphs into Kerry's plan does it signal the end to partisanship as we know it or just lame pundit fodder? As long as it's Bush acquiring Kerry's platform and not the other way around.......unless it lets Kerry's life prior to age 40 become moot.
* Al Gore, elected by the majority of voters in 2000 and provided the opportunity to speak freely from his heart, by the Supreme Court. Wonder what it'd be like if Bush could write a speech this powerful, let alone give it.
* 1000 words, a picture, 12 words. Full power with limits. Sovereign with caveats. Everything minus a little. The whole kit and kaboodle with out the oodle.
* The Washingtonienne scandal-ette or Monica-lite has a raised a few titterings inside the Beltway. I'm mildy facinated by the car wreckness of it all. Mostly, I just find this to be fantasy fodder. Michelle Malkin on the other hand is just alive with righteous indignation that she had to suffer through her hard times at $25K a year on Top Ramen because no one taught her the secrets of anal sex with rich dudes. Honey, there's still time.
* Speaking of sex. This defies definition. A pro-marriage, anti-homosex tutorial prefaced with an Orwell quote that cross references Martin Luther King Jr into the argument. Head shaking an unavoidable side affect, you've been warned.
* Ben Shapiro's head's spinning over the fact that no one invited him or Limbaugh to speak at university graduations this year. Maybe colleges across the nation decided they didn't need a shavetail or a vitrolic talk show host spoiling graduates last shining moment in the sun.
* Whoever thought up this poll should be pummelled severely about the face and head with a whiffle bat. Dumb dumb dumb.
* Combat abuses in Iraq, ban cameras.
Vacation was nice and minus the $700 sodas, $1,500 sandwiches and the outrageous cost to park on their property, SeaWorld puts on quite a show. Feeding and petting dolphins is definitely worth the trip. I was pleased though, to see they don't serve fish in the restaurants next to the major exhibits.
Real News with a twist
* Bush's speech on Monday night was quite the heartwarming attempt at winning the support of the small percentage of people who had a strong enough stomach to invest the time to watch his performance. The War on Terra seems to be Staying the Course as we Support our Troops from the Homeland, please give no thought to Insurgents who have ties to Al Qaida they will be dealt with. Abu Grabby is not Waterloo. We are Staying the Course with these 5 Points we've developed with the extra 25 Billion donated by you fine War Collegians and those meddling taxpayers. June 30th is a hard date and Multi-lateral Support will be sought, eventually.
* Ashcroft and company would like to remind you to; stay scared, be vigilantes, and don't forget, they're monitoring chatter. Spend money and remember.... they're on the job and you're as safe today in their hands as you were on 9.10.01. Please plan to adjust your schedules to Orange Time until notified we've gone to Red.
.................more news later
Last update till sometime next week. Time to take the kid to the Land of Disappearing Money.
Points to Ponder.
* Why? If you're not wanted at a party, why keep showing up?
* Removal of information for women from government websites was not as widespread as originally thought.
* History lesson with present relevance.
* Why you are not represented by your government.
* Ever seen blatantly flawed logic? Homeless people are better off than they were in the 1700's so quitcherbichin.
* Coming up short this year with neato vacation ideas? Try this.
* Concerned Women for America has a straight man writing about gay marriages. Leading authority on lesbian parenting?
* It's called constructive criticism.
* Clinton's 'don't ask don't tell' policy has long reaching ramifications.
* Rick Perry is slipping in the polls. 37% approval. Those special sessions *are* working.
Something Funny (in extended entry)
Republican National Committee - Convention Schedule New York, NY
6:00 PM Opening Prayer led by the Reverend Jerry Fallwell
6:30 PM Pledge of Allegiance
6:35 PM Burning of Bill of Rights
6:45 PM Salute to the Coalition of the Willing
6:46 PM Seminar #1: Iraq Strategies - Voodoo/DooDoo WMD
7:30 PM First Presidential Beer Bong
7:35 PM Serve Freedom Fries
7:40 PM EPA Address #1: Mercury - It's what's for dinner!
8:00 PM Vote on which country to invade next
8:10 PM Call EMTs to revive Rush Limbaugh
8:15 PM John Ashcroft Lecture: The Homos are after your Children!!
8:30 PM Round table discussion on reproductive rights (MEN only)
8:50 PM Seminar #2: Corporations: The Government of the Future
9:00 PM Condi Rice sings "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man 'O Mine"
9:05 PM Second Presidential Beer Bong
9:10 PM EPA Address #2 -- Trees: The Real Cause of Forest Fires
9:30 PM Break for secret meetings
10:00 PM Second prayer led by Cal Thomas
10:15 PM Lecture by Karl Rove: Doublespeak Made Easy
10:30 PM Rumsfeld demonstration: How to squint and talk macho
10:35 PM Bush demonstration of trademark "deer in headlights" stare
10:40 PM John Ashcroft demonstrates new mandatory Kevlar chastity belt
10:45 PM Clarence Thomas reads list of black republicans
10:46 PM Third Presidential Beer Bong
10:50 PM Seminar #3: Education: The Drain on our Nation's Economy
11:10 PM Hilary Clinton Piñata
11:20 PM Second Lecture by John Ashcroft: Evolutionists: The Dangerous New Cult
11:30 PM Call EMTs to revive Rush Limbaugh again
11:35 PM Blame Clinton
11:40 PM Laura serves milk and cookies
11:50 PM Closing Prayer led by Jesus Christ
12: 00 PM Nomination of George W. Bush as Holy Supreme Planetary Overlord
12:10 PM Disclosure of intention to invade France.
News, news and more news
* Is the bloom off the rose with Chalabi? They're raiding his home and offices in Iraq. They being us. Them being him. Us vs him/them now that he's one of them and not us or does he become them when we shut off the cash flow? It's so hard to keep up, ain't it? Update from yesterday: It wasn't $400K it was apparently more like $355K, but over the course of what, 14 months....that's almost $5 million.
* A shorter more concise Ann Coulter this week is: "I really really really really really really really really hate the LA Times". Here's an idea, put the LA Times in a room with the Washington Times and it'll be like combining matter and anti-matter. One big boom and then, nothing.
* When the Heritage Foundation starts criticizing the Bush administration's spending and budgets, frog rainstorms and rivers of blood could not be far behind.
* Cal Thomas charms the pants off his readers this week with the metaphor, "Gay Tsunami". By pants, of course, I mean it figuratively.....we all know Cal's quite spooked by the concept of people "doin' it". It does though give a whole new meaning to 'doing the wave'.
* Dear Mitt Romney, FACE!!!! Yours Truly, The Massachusetts Senate.
* Fritz Hollings serves up a heaping helping of love, affection and support for the DicknBush plan in Iraq. After each and every dry well type failure during Dear Leader's business career, one of his daddy's buddies bailed his ass out and still allowed him to profit. Who is going to bail him/us out of the repeated miserable failures from the last 4 years. (I'm not deluded enough to believe it can all be done in the next 4 should Kerry win)
* When you go to a wedding and the parting gift is an amputation......... are you a victim of; a.) bad planning b.) dumb luck or c.) war, in which bad things, *just happen*?
* Pringles wants to put words in your mouth. Why?
* Straight from the 'if wishes were fishes' bin, it's fantasy time. Who in the world would/could form a war crimes tribunal against the current White House administration? Not.going.to.happen.
* Roger Ebert give Fahrenheit 9-11 a thumbs up. Jury's still out on where that thumb's been. Still thinking Moore could provide a public service by releasing it without relying on the mouse.
* That liberal media, I'll tell you what. The lengths they will go to, just to get a story so they can make Dear Leader and his cronies look bad, is appalling. There should be limits to this type of free speech. (note to the sarcasm impaired, think about it)
* Wow. I have no other words for this.......'cept, someone's getting a book deal.
* The Democrats should have shown this level of passion in 2000.
Word of the day: Tartlette.
You're an Etch-a-Sketch!! You're the creative,
artsy type who doesn't need to actually utilize
a single muscle group in order to have fun.
Doesn't matter though, you're still cool.
What childhood toy from the 80s are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
* Apocalypse now isn't soon enough. The End of the World team spent some time with the White House recently working to convince them to speed up Armageddon. Is it prophecy if you work to create it?
* Get Your War On, Volume 35.
* God loves us and created us in his image................well, 'cept for those meddling homos. Rebecca Hagelin spews forth righteousness under a grey fog of intolerance. Please note her end statement.
* Chuckie "Nixon made me do it" Colson's on a roll this week. First he blames the military's behavior at Abu Ghraib on Pr0N!!!! and then informs us that gay marriage is going to cause a wave of family anarchy. Click here for logo.
* Speaking of the family, P2P is killing the family by introducing nasty elements through search engines that fail to filter. Here's a nifty hint for the clueless parents; restrict computer usage, disconnect's Bobby from the internet or stop using Napster and Kaaza on your home network. Treat it like TV and turn it off or police the shit out of it. Take some responsibility for a change.
* If Dear Leader visits your place of business, your charity or organization, make sure your 401K is solid and your parachute is packed. He's like the Typhoid Mary of economic collapse.
* Dear Dennis, Abu Ghraib was a travesty. Nick Berg's death was horrific and deplorable. Stop comparing us to them and them to us. Do though, go back and watch the video......if it was a beheading, where's all the blood? Slicing through the carotid artery would have caused blood to go everywhere, the removal of his head was a shock tactic and probably not the cause of death. Hence the need to stop playing compare and contrast.
* Installing democracy is tough business. Defending heterosexual marriage even more so.
* Question to the masses Did my ears deceive me on Sunday or did Joe Biden inform us that Ahmed Chalabi's monthly salary for being our puppet in Iraq is $400,000.00. I can't find corroborative data to support this claim. Anyone?
What a fun filled day.
The Dallas County courts move at a snail's pace. Thank goodness for a good book and solitaire on my Palm. Our pool didn't even make it into the court room until after 11:30 for the jury selection. It was a domestic violence case of which I might not have been the best objective candidate. Appeared not to matter, between stumping the DA and the judge with a silly question about statute of limitations and another about the burden of proof, I think they were anxious to get rid of me.
Among our 24 candidates we had ourselves a little celebrity of sorts. Mr. Danny Chandler, Republican candidate for Sheriff. No, I did not smart off and say I couldn't wait for Lupe Valdez to mop up the floor with him.....however it did cross my mind. I did get a mediocre candid shot of him expressing frustration over having to be there. He looked rather inconvenienced all day.
While I'm spending the day being shuffled around the county court house, you all enjoy yourselves.
Spend some time over at Texas Tuesdays and support a local Democratic candidate.
Check out the alternate reason to vote Kerry in the fall.
Read up on Hannity's use of the ACLU early in his career.
Brush up on some tax information and comparisons.
or.....sit and giggle to yourself.
* Powell on Meet the Press via satellite. If the time delay and weird cloud patterns don't getcha, the questions and your press aide will. Surreal exchange seeing Tim scold Powell and his staff like that.
* Gay marriages began today in Massachusetts. The Governor's a little tweeked; Some may be given to out-of-state gay couples who come to Massachusetts in defiance of Republican Gov. Mitt Romney, who has told them to stay home amid fears his state could become "the Las Vegas of same-sex marriage." Maybe he should institute this policy for all marrying couples.
* With all the money we've invested, love we've shown, reconstruction we've contracted, time we've spent making Iraq the place it is today and all they can do is bomb their interim government officials? Ingrates.
* Ben Shapiro's book is out now........and it's still not getting him laid.
* The Catholic church just sainted Gianna Beretta Molla as the patron saint of "Dumb women who sacrifice themselves and leave their children motherless". Condoms still taboo.
* Speaking of ignorance combined with sex..........seems the STD rate is just about on par between those who saved themselves and those saucy little pieces of fluff you see running around with their asses hanging out. Does not include plumbers.
* Bought Hoff's book "Sammy the Seal" for my kid over the weekend. I feel somehow I was responsible for his death now. I'm picking up Ann Coulter's book later in the week to test the theory.
* Berg vs Abu Ghraib. Did you know it was a contest? When they first released the pictures that appalled the nation would you have ever guessed we could be trumped like that? Shit, what a brutal disappointment. Just when you think you are, without a doubt the toughest bully on the block, some masked man comes outta nowhere with a mini-posse and lops off one head and boom, your reputation's out the window. Saddam better just watch out, we may have to one-up these guys.
* Michael Moore, STFU. If you didn't care so much about the money and really cared about the content of your "controversial flick", you'd dump crappy copies onto the web simply to get the message out and then quickly get it out on DVD. Don't for a minute think we're all buying your martyr role here...........if you really wanted viewers, you'd stop manufacturing controversy and show us the facts.
* WMD found!!!!!! Blown up by insurgent ignorant of what he/she may have had, rendered ineffective. Completely justifies reason for war, Bush up 20% in polls, landslide guaranteed.
* Count me as one of the "wow is that a what a gift horse's mouth looks like" types. Come ON folks, how about a little credibility here?
Still in recouperation from last weekend. Spending time with the rugrat, cleaning house and trying to come up with clever ways to avoid jury duty on Tuesday.
Phone photo log partially updated.
New of the Day
* Too much time on your hands to surf the "best of the hawks"? Maxspeak's got a great competition going for the best of Instapundit's weblogs.
* After a million women marched on Washington and Bush skedaddled off to Camp David to avoid them I would have never guessed that the 'W' in GWB stood for women.
* What's hot this week in GOP pundit land. Self flagellation. Yes kids, it's more socially acceptable than masterbation and leaves scars you can show your friends. Sign up now, Lowry and North are waiting.
* Slate took the time to list out a smidgen of the blame gaming going on from the right on the abuses in Abu Ghraib. Stunning some of it... appalling, others.
* Just for fun, be a 'Hawk' for a month. Brave brave *brave* man. I couldn't pull it off.
Fun with Finance
After reading Prager whining about Sudan and then catching bits and pieces on the news last night about the refugees and their escape from the government's brutality and the need for them to move again before the monsoon rains start. One of the things that stuck out was our assistance.......
- Funding for Columbia to erradicate cocoa crops, $8 Billion
- Funding for the War in Iraq and reconstruction, $87 Billion
- Supplemental funding for the ongoing war in Iraq, $25-50 Billion
- Funds to the Taliban to stop the opium trade, $43 Million
- Funding to assist with relief in Sudan/Chad, $15 Million
We spend more to kill people than to save them. That's our Democracy in action.
* Atrios points us to the varied opinions and reports of the Abu Ghraib boondockle which makes you wonder who's zoomin' who?
* Interesting counterpoint to the treatment of prisoners in AG from Iraq. I don't know how much of this to swallow or the level of credibility it holds, but it's worth a read. (I would like this guy's donations)
* Here's a look at semantics regarding the War on Terror. From a high level I agree with most of the points made in that terror is an emotion, derrived from an external source and the true "war" is not against terror but those specifically who seek to destroy us. Which makes one wonder again, why we're in Iraq with 135K troops and not in Afghanistan with that level of support.
* Good news on the Kerry front. No other candidate in recent history has shown these types of numbers this early in their campaign against an incumbent.
* A semi-coherent anti-Bush rant.
* For the morbidly curious, the Nick Berg snuff film can be found at one of the more prominent 'right-wing' blogs. What an awesome public service they provide. I pleased to see the unabashed outrage at the atrocity itself but it seems a wee bit contradicted by the rubber-necking.
* One bit of humor at the expense of the occupied.
* What do you get when you cross the Mexican Airforce and Mescal? UFO sightings.
Some of us are still blissfully happy.
* Jonah Goldberg's convinced that CBS killed Nick Berg. Um, yeah, they should never have shown the pictures........place head in sand and ass in air.
* Dennis Prager's all twisted now that we're experiencing "hysteria" over the Abu Ghraib prison abuses and ignoring Sudan. Um, hello...... there's little to no oil there.
* Phyllis Schlafly thinks our issues with possible election fraud are primarily with the 9th circuit court and the option to allow felons to vote. Further proof Geritol does cause side effects.
* Cal Thomas thinks we should all shelve the touchy-feely sorries and just keep bombing. We should just blame the WMDs.....they're the ones that got us into this mess, right?
* David Limbaugh carries the "hysteria" torch lit by the RNC and blames it all on the left. When did outrage and righteous indignation over abuse become synonymous with hysteria and why are some viewing it as......acceptable?
More on Iraq et al
* The first wire reports on the horrible death Nick Berg suffered showed signs of compassion and concern. By morning, they had morphed into "The US Had Told Him To Leave" as if to absolve themselves of any culpability. Granted, one has to wonder what he was doing cruising around Iraq alone without a translator or a hard won contract but that's all rather secondary to the tragic loss of his life.
* All the clamor from the neo-cons over the "if they were incarcerated they deserved it", "they wouldn't have been there if they weren't guilty" or the "it's war, get over it" semantics game rings very very hollow when you delta it all against the report the Red Cross put out. Which states between 70 and 90 percent of those being held in Abu Ghraib may actually not be guilty. This would mean, not only are we mistreating persons under our control, but that they may actually not even deserve to be there. Installing Democracy is job #1, right?
* Speaking of democracy, let's fix ours here at home.
* For the record, put me down as one of the rare few who thinks Rumsfeld should keep his job. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I firmly believe in "If you broke it, you muct fix it". The age of accountability has faded too far into the past and we let CEOs jump ship when the going gets tough and no one has to face the music. Make him squirm and keep the light on him. Dear Leader though, has to go on Nov 2nd.
The ability to overlook the fact that you're married to Howdy Doody. Congrats Carville.
and the seemingly unbelievable insanity of it all...............
* Attention Pentagon drones. If you receive information regarding abuses in Iraq, do nothing. Do not read it, distribute it or delete it. Please press the red button and Rummy will be by personally to assist you with your "document".
* The election is Kerry's to win? Mr. Zogby's not had this discussion with; The SC, Diebold, or anyone in Florida, right? Next on Fear Factor X, "Does Your Vote Count?".
* One of life's eternal mysteries; does Robert Novak remove his dentures when he blows the collective RNC cabal? Two words, forced retirement.
* Dear Leader says, "We weren't on a war footing," he said. "And yet the enemy was at war with us. And it didn't take me long to put us on a war footing. And we've been at war ever since." Is this what he meant?
* First hand report from inside Abu Ghraib from an Al Jeezera cameraman. 74 days is a long time. Too bad they didn't let him keep his camera.
* NPR's lack of public funding seems to have pushed them into a class of accountability all by themselves. When NPR becomes Fox, what are the right going to have as a scapegoat, ham radios?
* Speaking of the right, the media and spin not seen since the last tour of the Whirling Dervishes. Time to get a bookstore discount card.
* Dear Oklahoma, your boy has the sensitivity of cadaver. What about the outrage over the outrage over the outrage of the missing of the bloody point?
* Click here. Buy stuff.
Today's Texas Tuesday over at OfftheKuff. The focus this week is Morris Meyer, candidate for the 6th Congressional District, dedicated to unseating Smoky Joe Barton. Stop by, read the interview & guest post and then donate if you can.
When my wife asked for something wacky and completely useless for Mother's Day, bet she didn't have this in mind. Who knew busting sod and digging a pond combined with comfy set of boxers was a bad combination. The up side is a two week supply of Cipro, 600mg Motrin and Vicodin. The down side of course is the nagging "who just kicked me in the nuts" feeling.
This year, it appears as though, we'll be swapping holidays. *sigh*
A big hearty 'welcome to the world' to Jakob Zachary Lehmann.
Congratulations Chris & Kat!
Mr. "I'd like to go to Nam 'cept for this boil on my butt's" brother weighs in very eloquently on the subject of Iraqi abuse. With of course, all the sympathy of a Compassionate Conservative.
"Perhaps we should apologize to the civilized world and to the Iraqi people, but I'm not so anxious to apologize to the "victims" themselves, who would probably have enjoyed eating our intestines for lunch well before the incident."
* It's Coulter-Day. Ann's still convinced that she's the only one watching the 9/11 hearings and secretly has the hots for Richard Ben-Veniste......there truly is no other explanation for her overwhelming stalkitude.
* A frank chat with god and no use of the word smite anywhere.
* Gardening moment, herb reference guide. Way cool. Point of interest; A hole 9' x 5' x 1.8' looks much smaller on paper. ugh.
* Crashing the Heritage Foundation. Hysterical.
* Exhibiting vast reserves of sensitivity, Limbaugh weighs in on the abuse of prisoners and compares it to blowing off steam and frat parties. Missing the point of voluntary vs involuntary participation completely.
* Afghanistan seen jumping up and down screaming "What about us". Rumsfeld seen rolling his eyes and mouthing "What a bunch of whiners".
* Alice stares through the looking glass and asks "Why loving gay couples can't join each other in holy matrimony"... then she remembers, these are the same people who don't think of anal intrusions with broomsticks as torture.
* Who says there aren't good jobs out there that offer immediate gratification and way to relieve tension all wrapped up in a single package. Apply now.
What a week for news events
* Rumor has it Tillman's dead. Even his family thinks so. Not called home to god, just dead.
* A version of a condolence letter from Dear Leader. Courtesy of Neal Pollack.
* Your tax dollars at work....... see, Moon needed a crown, a ceremony to crown him "king of something stupid" and a place to host it. What better place than the Senate Office Building?
* "At the President's stop in Ohio, 5,000 people gathered to cheer his record on jobs. Then they all flew back to India." - Kilborn via WaPo. I'm still LMAO. Wait, would this be the "Winning the War On Terror Campaign Tour" or the "Yes, America Can Tour".?
* Time to reassess adding my kid to the Wi-Fi network at the house.
* Your F Score is: 3.1 You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American. I couldn't be happier.
* Dear Governor Goodhair, 126 to nothing. Wow, that's one Special session you're spearheading on our tax dollars. Rhymes with F'ing brutal.
* It's just this simple. No more comparisons needed. Game over. Next topic.
* Unofficial guide to bleeding hearts.
NFL Date Rape
"Current state law would prohibit use of such taxes for a Fair Park site because the grounds are operated by the Dallas municipal parks and recreation department. For a change to be enacted, Gov. Rick Perry must expand the scope of the current special session to include the stadium issue. " Source.
Once again Dallas is proving its loyalty to big business over real municipal issues. Royce West is working to overturn legislation that prohibits use of our city parks for privately funded use. Attaching this type of rider to the special session that, *should* be used solely for school financing is inexcusable and cause for citizen alarm. Funding Jerry Jones' grab for city property should have the entire county up in arms. The only real outrage is here and here. When did it become the responsibility of the taxpayer to fund sports arenas and why does the threat of losing a team hold everyone hostage?
* Its's almost insulting to see the WaPo so surprised at the level of interest in this election. They'll be stunned in October, won't they?
* Where do you stand? me: 4 Dem 2 Green 1 Libertarian. short quiz.
* I love what you've done with the place.
* Hey left hand, here's a status on the right one.
* Systemic? god I hope not.
* What did he say, "It's your money"? How do you like this investment?
* A type of sovereignty? To these guys?
Giving credit where credit is due. The creativity of the opposition in their use of remnants of the old covert Whitewater team combining it with angry Navy Vets and building a completely useless website to attack Kerry. The glaring irony is, their focus on who he was as a person in 1971. Does this officially open the playing field up to declare Dear Leader as unfit to serve as Commander In Chief or do the rules not allow the discussion to swing both ways? I think it's time to review all the records, let's start by opening up 41's library and pull out the former Governor's records...........then work backwards..........or just refer to the medals broohaha as a "youthful indiscretion" and encourage the whiners to STFU.
First you give your future voters an influx of cluster bombs and bunker busters. Then give them an interim meddler of questionable repute. Mix every so nicely with some interrogations, abuse and then release them. All that's left is the installation of a Supreme Court and you've got the perfect recipe for democratic success.
Anyone feel a draft?
Up the top end age for the draft to 34 and include women. There's a solution for you. Let's force a bunch of people out of the workplace and into the military, train them quickly and shove them off to fight pre-emptive wars that are barely thought out. Not only will it solve the issue of too few troops but it'll reduce those unemployment numbers in a heartbeat. The women idea.....way super. I say we give Jenna and Barbara Bush draft numbers 1 & 2. Then, they should pick from the IMAO babe list for the rest of their neocon/warblogger volunteers.
Today's Dennis Prager spew, brought to you by "Unrealistic Views of America's Divorce Rate Among Heterosexuals" or "Fag Families Fail Frequently". Could someone send this moron a clue or two?
*apologies to Rob Zombie
who said what when. Check it out
Between the impact of the new worm and the vast incompetence of SBC, the last 48 hours have been access free. What to do with all that free time?
* Dump a ton of $$ at Lowe's.
* Introduce the kid to Silly Putty(tm)
* Watch Monsters Inc for the 200th time.
* Cut and transfer 30% of the sod covering the area where the new pond will go.
* Grill 4 1.25lb ribeyes and spend the evening with friends.
* Consume distilled beverages/talk politics.
* Clean up kid's vomit (x2).
* Take a nap
not necessarily in that order.