"I'd rally lak ta comment on that last question but this odor's distracting".
Uplifting words of wisdom for these trying times.
These are tough times. People -- economists can argue over the terminology. And these are difficult times. And the American people know it, and they want to know whether or not Congress knows it. I think an important signal to send on energy, just like I said, is to say, okay, we're going to go find oil here at home.
Now don't you feel better? Everything will get better once we start drilling ANWR. All we need is the opportunity to explore the tender, delicate frozen tundra for some of that Texas tea and your American dream will once again bloom, grow. That magical picket fence used to corral your 2.5 children will spring forth from the ground and once again it will be Morning in America.
State of the Union
* America has the best health care in the world, it's just unaffordable, unobtainable and unethical.
* Every vote counts, except for the exceptions which could be enough to shift the balance of power. Again, we choose the low road.
* Watching the media cover the "important" aspects of the 2008 sElection is akin to 5 year olds playing soccer... everyone rushes the ball at once and no one's paying attention to the strategy, goal or the larger field of play.
* American infrastructure, citizen health and the climate are all distractions from the greater challenge we face from terror in Iraq where our shrinking dollars are going exclusively, to rebuild that oasis in the Middle East. Gotta have priorities.
* Matters of policy, international relations, the economy are secondary to the importance of flag pins.
Time for a good sheep shearing.
Even as she celebrated, Senator Clinton acknowledged the challenges ahead, not the least of them Senator Obama's financial advantage. She implored her supporters to log onto her fund-raising website and "and show your support tonight because the future of this campaign is in your hands". Three hours after her win, her campaign said she had raised nearly $US3 million.
And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.
Yeah doth the old guard regain Joementum. Blessed is she who rips asunder the rare cohesion of the progressives. Unto the McBush do the spoils go. Amen.
Mistransamalating realtime from illegalimmigrantish to English is hard.
Of course Americans in small towns are bitter.
The jobs are gone and WalMart took em. Price of fuel is so high running machinery and trucking one's ass to the next town to get nails, bolts, milk and coffee will break you. As will the inflation on the goods purchased. The local hospital's twenty plus miles away if you're lucky and only staffed by a shoe-string crew due to the high cost of administrative overhead. The local co-op has been killed by Monsanto and ConAgra. The creeks are drying up and shipping in water will kill any hope of profit. The government wants to subsidize you to either not plant or plant only corn for corn syrup (population fattening agent) or ethanol (cheating other nations from the opportunity to buy food) while they tout you as the reason to eliminate the inheritance tax.. not that you had anything left to inherit. Hell yeah you're bitter. Hunting is the only fairly inexpensive amusement left and it puts food on the table.
It may not sound pretty and the overwhelming aspect may get lost in the nuance but the facts remain, the middle class, the small town America (and the dream) are all dying a slow painful death while corporate welfare continues to suck at the government's teat.
Brought to you by a healthy dose of no-fucking-shit.
It's always 'Talk Like a Pirate Day" on the Straight Talk Express.
* BillO believes that only he is entitled to freedom of speech and expression.
* Abstinence education works like a charm.
* 81%? With an increase in unemployment, lower job creation, higher fuel costs etc.. how could they be so disillusioned?
* The only way to win is to cheat and intimidate.
* Reason #65875054 why separation of church and state is important. The ignorance is contagious and a quarantine is warranted.
* Reckless. The war vet who dry-humps a warmonger refers to planned withdrawl from a failed war of choice as reckless?
* Do YOU have Republicans living on your street? Think of the children.
* For profit. Your government and the lives of your fellow citizens are all for sale to some degree.
...but, he was the right man for the job.
Mark Penn has been pushed out as chief strategist of Sen. Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign after his work on a Colombian free-trade agreement that Clinton opposes, sources tell ABC News.
Sources said that the Clintons were angry to learn about Penn's work, especially because they had been told that Penn had recused himself from controversial clients and would restrict his private work.
The work a Burson Marsteller subsidiary did for controversial war contractor Blackwater, and Penn's work for the union-busting corporation Cintas were other instances in which the Clinton campaign didn't appreciate having its name associated with Penn clients.
But it was a bridge too far for Penn when Sen. Hillary Clinton heard the news that Penn had met with the Colombians on the trade deal.
Columbians are a bridge too far... mixing messages with mercenary contractors and union buster are "not appreciated" or easier to overlook and not nearly as big of a concern for Hillary as she promotes "change"?
"We are no longer staring into the abyss of defeat, and we can now look ahead to the genuine prospect of success," McCain said.
"The dramatic reduction in violence has opened the way for a return to something approaching normal political and economic life for the average Iraqi," McCain said.
Then... each time McCain's told us how much Iraq's improved over the last ~5 years, he's been lying? We've been chronically optically fixated on a cluster fuck while being sold a staid course of accomplished missions?
Pry it quickly from his cold dead fingers before it's all turned into Soylent Green.
It's called, a MAH-sahge... just axe Merkel-baby.
People willing to declare the following, are not qualified nor should they ever attempt to speak on, about or to, race.
Here's a little inside scoop about white people: We're not thinking about you. Especially WASPs. We think everybody is inferior, and we are perfectly charming about it.
Even if this statement was ment in jest, it has an element of truth, and justifies the precise reason we need more vigorous and open discussion on race in America. It is not only needed desperately but required for us to evolve more effectively, together.
"Right now, among all the primary states, believe it or not, Hillary's only 16 votes behind in pledged delegates," said Bill Clinton, "and she's gonna wind up with the lead in the popular vote in the primary states. She's gonna wind up with the lead in the delegates [from primary states]."
"It's the caucuses that have been killing us," he added.
Funny, I thought caucuses were made up of voters and that the voters weren't voting for the "Us" ticket. It might be beneficial to look at the overall popular vote count while you're tallying... that's killing "yousuns" too.